Thursday, June 28, 2012

3 weeks old (and 2 days!)

Wow! It's hard to believe that the boys are 3 weeks old already. It has gone so quickly. I think it's because we do the same thing most every day around the clock!

We have started to be a little more adventurous and took the boys out to lunch yesterday. Fortunately there was an option for outside dining and it was a beautiful day, so we didn't have to figure out how to negotiate in a restaurant. I imagine that will be a bit more challenging!

The "big" boys are doing really well with nursing and each get the opportunity multiple times during the day. We are even figuring out the 2 at once thing! I'm still pumping at each feeding to use at the next feeding so that they all get mommy's milk at each feeding. I haven't really started Ryder nursing much because he is on a high calorie formula and I don't want to cut into his calories too much. Especially now as he is starting to fill out!

The boys have their next appointment on Tuesday, so I'll be anxious to see how much they have grown since their 2 week check up. I can definitely tell they are getting bigger. Garrett feels like a lead weight when I pick him up and he is now sporting a double chin.

All in all the boys are doing well and I'm loving being a mommy to three tiny guys and their big sister!

Here are a few pictures... First one is 3 weeks old - Daniel, Ryder, Garrett. Second one is Daniel during tummy time from earlier in the week. He makes his mommy so proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment