Friday, March 9, 2012

Which one is your singleton?

Today we had another growth scan along with a prenatal visit. It started out a little frustrating, but got much better as the appointment progressed. Our sonographer was one we have never had before and I was a bit nervous when she asked which baby was our "singleton", um we don't have a singleton, they are all identical, so I wanted to say, "Did you actually look at my chart?" After we clarified with her, things got underway. She was not the most gentle, but got the job done and we were able to see all three boys moving around like wild men. She tried to get us some updated face shots, but they wouldn't cooperate. Baby A was literally curled into a ball, Baby B was looking down, and Baby C was facing my back. Thanks boys!

The boys were measured for weight today:
Baby A is 1 lb 1 oz
Baby B is 14 oz
Baby C is 1 lb 1 oz

A and C are measuring where they would be as singletons, and B is about a week behind them. The doctor is not concerned about B because his growth over time has been consistent, as he has always been the smallest. As far as all of their other values (blood flow and fluid levels) were normal and the doctor is pleased. My cervix is still long and closed, so again he was happy. He said today that within the next two weeks these babies could live outside the womb with support and that's a great milestone, so for now we are content with knowing our boys are doing so well.

As far as my health, things are still going well. My fasting blood sugar has been a bit high, but all of my diet controlled numbers are right where they should be. The doctors have changed up my oral medication that I take at bed time only and I'm happy to say that I do not have to start insulin yet! I do have a pulled groin muscle that happened as a result of moving a crib about a month ago, let's just say, lesson learned and I promise to behave from now on! I did get teased about it from the nurse today, which I guess I deserved! Fortunately it is starting to feel better and I only notice it after I've been walking for awhile, which I really don't have the energy for at this point!

On another note, we want to thank everyone for their generosity and prayers. We have received so many things for the boys and just don't have words to express our gratitude. It is an overwhelming task to attempt to prepare for three babies and so we are very grateful for all of the support we have had. We also ask that you all continue to pray for us and for our boys and that they continue to grow and thrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment