Tuesday, January 17, 2012

15 Weeks Already

We are already having Dr. visits and ultrasounds every two weeks. We did that near the end with Maddy, but that was near the end. This is still the beginning. Or so we hope.

While seeing our unborn children every other week is exciting, it has its own emotional drain on us. We are already sleeping less, and feeling more fatigued. Jen keeps telling me that she's growing three people. I don't have that excuse.

Aside from having three identical babies, there have not yet been any alarming findings. Babies A, B and C are all measuring normally for gestational age, and the Dr. we saw this week actually called Jennifer boring. She is having to deal with gestational diabetes (we found out she, um, didn't pass the test), but her sugars have been held in check with diet so far.

Jen has been reading a number of books, as she usually does. I have even resorted to reading one, and all it's done has scared me. I'll leave it at that. That's what I get for reading...

In my typical male fashion, I have been obsessed with crossing a few big things off of our list. We now have car seats for 2 of the 3 kids, a vehicle that can hold them all, and 2 cribs set up in the nursery.

I also must say that the number of offers for help, cribs, car seats, mattresses, and everything else has been a blessing to us already. So thank you for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment