Tuesday, February 5, 2013

35 weeks on the outside!

Today the boys are 8 months old! I cannot believe it has been 8 months since having them. I also cannot believe that as of tomorrow they will have been "out" longer than in. I feel like the pregnancy was an eternity because of the sheer magnitude and worry involved with a triplet pregnancy, but man, I feel like these last 35 weeks went by in the blink of an eye!

Recently I was asked if things were easier now that the boys are a bit older. My answer, not easier, but different. Things like not having to get up in the middle of the night (typically), or not needing to hold bottles are easier, but now we have mobile babies who move in opposite directions, get into everything, and cry when something is taken away from them. So different just about sums it up.

We unofficially weighed the boys tonight on the bathroom scale... Daniel was 21lbs, Ryder was 18 and Garrett was 19.5. Holy moly! I'm pretty sure that these boys are not aware that they are supposed to be tiny! No wonder they eat so much! I cannot believe that even Ryder now weighs more than Madelynn did at this age. It is hard to believe they started at 5.5, 4.5 and 5.5 lbs!

Now, I think more than before it is getting harder to not compare the boys. They have always done things within a few days of each other, but now I feel like the motor gap is widening. Garrett seems to be the front runner on moving and even pulled to standing at the bathtub tonight! Ryder continues to be the best at eating especially his finger foods. He also seems to manipulate items with his hands a bit better than the other two. Daniel is my talker, he babbles all the time and has recently been saying "dada" a lot. I have been a bit worried about Ryder's motor skills because he was not sitting and usually rolls places vs crawling; however, he apparently just wanted to stress me out as this week he has learned how to sit for longer than 10 seconds and will on occasion do a commando type crawl. He is still not as efficient as his brothers, which brings me full circle... It is really hard not to compare them.

We are still so amazed at the outpouring of love from others. Many times we will arrive at church to a package of wipes or a bag of baby food. A friend will call and stop by with containers of formula or we will receive a gift card out of the blue for diapers. God's provision is just amazing. We purchased our first boxes of diapers last week since having the boys. That means that from others generosity we were able to go 8 months without having that expense! And with the left overs from outgrown sizes we have been able to bless other families with donations. We are just so incredibly thankful for it all!

In other news, please keep Ryder in your thoughts and prayers on Valentine's Day as he will be going under general anesthesia for a small procedure. Naturally, I am a worried mess, so if you could keep me in your prayers I would appreciate it!

Pictures from this evening... Please note the ridiculousness of it all!







No comments:

Post a Comment