Wednesday, June 12, 2013

One Year Old!

I know I'm a week late in posting this... Part of that is denial, the other part is that I wanted to wait for their well visit so that I had their current stats to share.

It honestly feels like a dream, I am in sheer and utter disbelief that the boys are one.  How can my babies no longer in fact be babies?  Now when someone says, "hold old are they?" I can respond with "they are 1 year old." not a random amount of months, but I can respond with a year. YEAR.  This just blows my mind.  Didn't I just deliver these babies?

The boys have had a fun birthday week.  They had a visit from both grandma and grammy on their birthday. Big sister Madelynn got them piggy banks and "cool outside chairs that are their colors, we have to get them"!  They really are cool chairs, I had to agree with her there. They were able to enjoy yummy cupcakes that were also "their colors".

Daniel in blue, Ryder in Red and Garrett in Green
Photo shoots are always an adventure!
Saturday was their birthday party... It was a 3 ring circus ;). We are so incredibly blessed to have such amazing friends and family.  The boys were totally spoiled! (No idea what to do with all of their new toys.). They loved their smash cakes and ate pretty much every last bite, so of course they required a sink bath to get somewhat clean!  I'm so happy with how the party turned out, so thanks so our awesome nanny, Abbey, and some friends Tonya, Briana and Sherisa for helping to make the day spectacular!  Both of our mom's were major players in making this birthday party happen!  Thanks to all of the other people who helped as well!  The cakes and cake pops were so yummy and surprisingly we didn't have a ton left over!  Briana made spectacular cookies that were shaped as lions, elephants, and giraffes... too bad I was only able to try one of those!



Sunday we were able to sleep in and play with some new toys (not daddy, he was a good boy and went to church to lead worship)!  After a really long nap we were able to go to my brother's house to have a picnic and spend time with family that we haven't seen in a few years!  It was so much fun and between their children, my brother's kids and my kids we had 10 kids 8 and under!  They had a blast playing in the water and just having fun!

The boys had their one year well visit today.  They are getting so big!  Ryder is trying so hard to catch up in the weight department and has jumped growth chart lines!  The "big" boys have slowed down in the weight department, but have taken off in the height department, so the doctor is in no way concerned!

Daniel:
My long haired boy!  He has the longest and curliest hair of the three and has become quite the flirt.  If I ask him if he is handsome he will shrug his shoulders and blink at me.  I think he is winking and it is the cutest thing!  He is able to stand without holding onto anything and he can sign "more" and "all done" when he wants to.  He says momma and dadda and is my only boy who uses and abuses a pacifier.  At the doctor he weighed in at 22 lbs 8 oz (43rd percentile) and was 30.5 inches (70th percentile) tall.  I am not quite sure how these preemies are in the 70th percentile for anything, but I'll take it!


Daniel Jeffrey
Photo Credit:  Jay Stover Photography

Ryder:
He remains the little guy, but man is he feisty!  He is my comedian.  He will laugh at us and will often laugh when his brothers or sister are getting into trouble.  He is my monkey and will attempt to climb just about anything, which often results in bruises!  He also has the worst stranger anxiety, which is funny because he will wave to just about anyone.  He can sign "more" and will often sign "all done" prior to eating more.  His final cue that he is really all done is placing his foot on the table and laughing.  I need to correct this behavior somehow, but it is awfully cute!  He says momma and dadda and abba (giving his abbey some love!).  Today he weighed in at 19 lbs 14 oz (9th percentile) and yes 2 oz shy of 20 lbs. and was 29 inches tall (23rd percentile).  His love for milk was shown by his low normal hemoglobin.  I had to tell the doctor that not only does he drink his cup of milk, but he typically steals his brothers.  He is determined to catch up as he eats more than the other two and steals cups at every turn!

Ryder James
Photo Credit:  Jay Stover Photography


Garrett:
He is my daring boy!  He will climb onto anything and has already figured out to push smaller objects next to taller ones so he can climb onto the first to eventually get onto the tall item.  He is standing without holding onto things and will take 4-5 steps before sitting down.  He will walk up tall on his knees all over the place, just to drive me crazy!  He says mamma, dadda, uh-oh and will occasionally say done.  He is always on the go!  He is my medium sized boy at 21 lbs 11 oz (31st percentile) and is the exact same height as Daniel at 30.5 inches (70th percentile).

Garrett Campbell
Photo Credit:  Jay Stover Photography


These boys are growing up way too fast!  They eat only table food and because they have no longer been interested in bottles we tried bedtime snack instead.  They loved it and did not even care that they didn't get a bottle.  Big boys!  It is pretty cute to see them crawl up the stairs and go straight to the bathroom to have their teeth brushed before bed though.

This past year has been amazing, exhausting, and one of the best things I have ever experienced in my lifetime.  I count it a true blessing to be their mom and I love every moment I get to spend with them!  I'm looking forward to many more years of excitement ahead!

Madelynn and her littles
Photo Credit:  Jay Stover Photography


We have lots of fun coming up this summer.  Madelynn has her first ever dance recital on Saturday.  I'm so excited!  We also have our annual trip to Dan's grandparents this weekend to celebrate Father's Day!  I think it may be the first pool adventure for the boys!

I know a lot of mom's have managed to do a 360 day photo post, and while I would love to attempt that, let's face it, I struggle with once a month, but my goal over this next year is to do 1 photo/post a week.  So here's hoping it happens!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading every word! Wow, not only are your kids beautiful and adorable, healthy and bright but they are obviously loved by incredibly devoted parents. It'll be fun to watch them grow up. God bless!

    ReplyDelete